Friday, November 11, 2005

Immortality


(This one is just to prove that I have atleast 1 serious bone amongst the funny bones !!!)

With anxious expressions and a tinge of innocence,
the child asked Him:
"What is Immortality?", as a ray of hope
brightened his eyes dim;"
Life is a journey , Death the destination,
What lies beyond,I leave it to your imagination;
Each moment hundreds come and hundreds go,
But why they came they do not know;
All through their life, they sing and dance,
Blaming poor Luck, whenever they miss the chance;
But remember, my child, the body I gave you:
Two Hands to Help, two Legs to Leap,
Two Ears to Lend, two Eyes to Peep;
Throughout life, they'll help you well;
But after life : Heaven or Hell?
My child, I see your motive behind the deed,
Not 'What' but 'To Whom' you feed;
So dear child don't forget this ever:
You're Immortal because ...
... you stay in other's Hearts Forever!"

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi your poems are superb!!
Keep on writing and don't forget to show me.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vivek Paji, 1 baat to manani padegi. There is surely atleast 1 serious bone amongst the funny bones. I have also realized that "Broader the smile, Deeper may be the wound inside". Keep writing, it's good.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Bolt (Without Nuts) said...

Too good Vivek Sir!! It leaves a serious impression!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home